Melinda Muth is the sounding board you need
I help individuals and teams that are struggling to agree on the way to move forward. I can help if you need someone to listen, or even just to help clarify your ideas and plans.
How can I help?
- Define issues and identify problems
- Break down the issues
- Work out the steps to reach a decision
- Identify options and scenarios to arrive at an effective solution
How do I do it?
As an experienced coach, mentor and meeting facilitator, I believe having a catalyst, someone who is outside the situation, is a sure fire way to help get things moving. Having a person you can trust beyond your business is an invaluable asset, and this is where I can help. My specialty is personal and team effectiveness, and I mentor and facilitate both individuals and teams. I work principally with senior executives and leadership teams to clear away the noise and identify the issues and pull together a set of steps to move forward.
How does it work?
The coaching and mentoring sessions I offer are tailored to your specific circumstances, and fees are based on an hourly rate. Some of the ways I can help are:
- Setting career goals and thinking about career changes
- Interpreting and understanding your management style and primary motivating factors
- Understanding your impact on others and how this can influence decision-making
- Techniques, tips and strategies for conversing effectively with boss, peers and stakeholders
to become a more persuasive and influential communicator
- Motivating and retaining productive employees to grow the business
- Building effective teams
- Issue identification and option generation
- Identifying steps for working through a decision process to address team challenges and find solutions
Who am I?
I am an experienced management educator and facilitator, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Design, magna cum laude, from the University of Cincinnati, an MBA from the Harvard Business School and a PhD from the Australian Graduate School of Management (UNSW) for research in the field of corporate governance.
I am also Founding Partner of Streamwise Learning, a Facilitator, Faculty Advisor and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and a member of the adjunct faculty at UNSW. She has held a number of senior executive roles including National Director of Business Development and Marketing for Deloitte.
I am co-author of Setting the Tone from the Top: How director conversations shape culture.
Word of mouth
"I just wanted to say thank you for your time, expertise and knowledge sharing over the course of the program. Definitely one of the best personal and professional development programs I’ve been involved with in a long time. It’s really provided a great framework for me to explore and develop my own leadership style."
Head of Partnerships, Corporate Relations Centre
University of Technology Sydney
"I attended your course last year. I found the course and our chats really helpful and inspiring. I also really appreciated the opportunity to step outside my comfort zone - it made me learn a lot about myself. I really wanted to thank you for running such a wonderful course and inspiring me to take a step I had always wanted to take but was not brave enough to do so previously."
Director, SiTU Solutions